At Hubtel IT we’re looking to grow our technical support team due to growth and investment. The successful 3rd Line IT Support Engineer will join a vibrant and talented team who operate within a collaborate environment.
As the 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you will be troubleshooting issues for a wide range of customers. This will involve being in the office to provide remote support as well as on-site visit (mileage / expenses paid). You may also be required to lead on projects.
The new hire will need to have experience working in a busy MSP setting with a variety of technology including Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Intune, PBX, Firewalls, routers, switches etc. Some knowledge of hosted telephony is useful but not essential.
We are Cyber Essentials Plus accredited and like our clients to have robust security measures in place so experience with Cyber Essentials and cyber security solutions is important.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Updating the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
- Responding to Service Desk phone calls/tickets as needed, focusing on 3rd line tickets and activities, and assisting the 1st and 2nd Line Engineers.
Experience required for the Technical Support Engineer:
- Can do attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10/11, Windows Server 2012-2022, Office 365, SCCM (or similar) Active Directory, Cyber Essentials.
- An ability to explain technical problems in a simple way to end users at all levels within the business.
- Experience with RMM solutions.
- Experience with backup software.
- Some experience with hosted telephony is advantageous.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be further challenged and stimulated in a new role, this will be a great opportunity for you.