If you are thinking about retiring your server and moving to the Cloud, the prospect of retiring your old technology and moving to the new can seem daunting. But, Microsoft have a product called Azure which is a tool that enables you to retire your server and move your data and systems into the Cloud.
Microsoft Azure is recommended for organisations that hold a lot of data and have a need for storage space that will grow with them. It is Microsoft’s virtual private cloud, a piece of which becomes your virtual server. Entry level is 1 terabyte of data, so if your organisation has this and above, then Azure is right for you.
Azure comes with a data transfer feature which will move your data off the server and into Azure. Of course, that sounds really straightforward but there are factors to consider, such as transfer time and upload speed. Transferring to Azure needs to be carefully planned to ensure minimal downtime.
Here are our top 5 reasons why Azure could be great for you:
- Outdated technology enables data breaches and will stop you become fully digitalised.
- The Cloud will enable you to stay relevant and adapt to changes quickly and efficiently.
- You can modernise and scale with flexibility and you only pay for what you currently need.
- The Cloud provides security and business continuity to protect your data from threats.
- You’ll spend less time managing physical servers and upgrading them at their end of life.
If you would like to know more about Microsoft Azure or the benefits of moving to the Cloud, then please reach out to Marie Gauntlett at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to chat. Or why not learn more about our IT support company in Birmingham?